I live in California’s Bay area and work as both a writer and editor, focusing on magazines, books, journals, marketing, and website pages. As a contributing writer for San Francisco Magazine and Diablo Magazine, I write lifestyle articles that help you wine and dine your way along the coast, and book reviews about what to read when you rest by the beach. I’ve also served as the copy editor for Diablo and its sister publications for 10 years (including Napa/Sonoma Magazine, Giants Magazine, A’s Magazine, UC Hastings Alumni Magazine, Ochsner Health Magazine, Reading Health Magazine, and more). Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I enjoy writing short, popping pieces about books and the arts, and longer features that might delve into health and meditation, culture, interviews, and more for a variety of clients. Please see some of my articles listed below, which are available to read at lindalenhoff.contently.com.
I also write and edit marketing materials, websites, corporate communications, newsletters and blogs, research and academic materials, and trade publications, and would be happy to provide samples of such projects.
Prior to going freelance, I was the health and education editor at the Rand Corporation in Santa Monica. I’ve also worked for the VA HealthCare San Diego, Alan R. Liss in NY (now Wiley-Liss), Research Magazine, Insurance Journal, Seventeen Magazine in NY, and Access Press guidebooks (where I was the editor of several city guidebooks, including NY, LA, SF, and Tokyo Access).
Editing & Writing Projects
Whether you need a copywriter for your blog or a researcher for your newsletter, or just someone who can breathe life into your company’s landing page, I’m happy to assist. I’ve worked as an editor or writer on the following publications and websites.
I currently write for San Francisco Magazine, Diablo Magazine, Oakland Magazine, Alameda Magazine, and numerous websites. Please feel free to read these articles at http://lindalenhoff.contently.com. I focus on travel, lifestyle, books, and the arts.
- “Tommy Orange’s Debut Novel, There There, Explores Urban Native American Life,” in DIABLO MAGAZINE, July 2018.
- “The Berkeley Bowl Inspires a Cookbook: Come Shop With Me,” OAKLAND MAGAZINE, June 2018.
- “Spice Up Your Spring: Check Out Our Local Chefs’ New Cookbooks,” DIABLO MAGAZINE, April 2018.
- “Books to Cuddle Up With This Winter,” in DIABLO MAGAZINE, February 2018.
- “Romantic Getaways: Cannery Row,” in DIABLO MAGAZINE, February 2018.
- “City Arts and Lectures’ New Directors,” in SAN FRANCISCO MAGAZINE, September 2017.
- “Fall Preview: Roll Call, Don’t Miss, and Robin Sloan’s Latest Book, Sourdough,” in SAN FRANCISCO MAGAZINE, September 2017.
- “Illustrating Love and Loss: Marissa Moss’ New Graphic Memoir,” in DIABLO MAGAZINE, August 2017.
- “Summer Road Trips: From the Sand to the Sierras,” in DIABLO MAGAZINE, June 2017.
- “Lloyd Dean’s Bet on Kindness,” NOB HILL GAZETTE, San Francisco, May 2017.
- “Bring on the Noise: Three Don’t-Miss Artists at This Year’s SF Noise Pop Fest,” for SAN FRANCISCO MAGAZINE, February 2017.
- “Culture Dash: Making Out Like Bandits–Check Out the SF Noir Film Fest,” for SAN FRANCISCO MAGAZINE, January 2017.
- “SF Authors Pit the Personal Against the Political,” for SAN FRANCISCO MAGAZINE, January 2017.
- “Heavy Hitters: New Books for Fall,” in SAN FRANCISCO MAGAZINE, September 2016;
- “California Wine Trails: From Sonoma to Carmel,” for DIABLO, September 2016;
- “Summer Road Trips: Carmel, Monterey, Pismo Beach, and Truckee,” for DIABLO, June 2016;
- “Grown-Up Cannery Row,” DIABLO, April 2016;
- “Inside the Kennedy Family: The Missing Kennedy,” DIABLO, May 2016;
- “Lively Yet Laid Back: Lafayette,” in Diablo Cities and Towns, 2016;
- “Moraga: Embracing the Great Outdoors,” in Diablo Cities and Towns, 2016; “Orinda: Where Elegance Meets Culture,” in Diablo Cities and Towns, 2016.
- “Big Night Out: Seven Surprising Nights on the Town,” DIABLO, February 2016;
- “Holiday Roundup: Wrap Up a New Read by a Local Author,” DIABLO, December 2015.
I have additional marketing, website, academic, technical, and corporate communications writing samples available upon request.
I have published two novels with Kensington Books, Life a la Mode, and Latte Lessons. Life a la Mode was a Literary Guild Selection and has been translated into four languages, and originally served as my thesis for an MFA in Creative Writing. Both are available as ebooks on Amazon: amazon.com/…1H9RV7S/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1.